Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Early Winter

To just about every ones surprise, a dose of winter weather hit us yesterday.  In a state that can barley handle snow when it is expected, to get 3 inches dropped on you out of no where was sure able to clog up the works.  Drive to work = 2 hours.  Drive home (I left at 3:00 knowing it would be terrible) = 1.5 hours.  Normal day = 45 mins.  


I arrived home to find this:

DSC00006

DSC00005

In case you were wondering, that is half of a tree, hanging over live power lines, blocking the road, and nearly clobbering my house.

No big deal, I will call the town.  The police arrive to assess the situation and let me know the power company is in a "state of emergency" and they cannot even provide a time frame for when they can come out.  

15 hours later... situation is the same.  Half of a tree still pressing on the live power lines about 10 feet from my front door.  I will keep you updated on the saga.

Day 1.

No comments: